Finance Assistant - #481819
Alliance Automotive Group
Company: Alliance Automotive Group - (Apec)
Contract Type: Permanent
Position Type: Full Time
All applications by Wednesday 24 August 2022
Alliance Automotive Group (AAG) are a leading distributor of passenger and commercial vehicle parts to the independent automotive aftermarket. We operate in the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Poland, and Netherlands.
We are a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company (GPC) and the home of NAPA racing UK, competing in the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC).
With combine turnover of over 15 billion and over 230 locations within the UK and growing, our network supplies light and commercial vehicle parts to over 36,000 independent garages, fast fit centres, and transport operators throughout the UK. The central finance and administration function is based in Bradford.
Apec Limited is a key subsidiary of the UK Group and specialises in the distribution of braking components for vehicles within the UK, having annualised sales of c.£100m and operating distribution from one site in Bristol.
Alliance Automotive Procurement Limited (AAP) is the purchasing arm of the Group, negotiating contracts with suppliers across the globe. A strategically key business to AAG, with turnover of over €1bn.
The Position – Finance Assistant
Due to the continued expansion of the Group, a Finance Assistant role has become available at our Bradford shared service centre. The position will cover duties for both AAP and Apec, enabling the successful candidate to gain a varied experience within AAG.
Reporting to the Financial/Management Accountants, the role will include:
- Multi-currency bank reconciliations
- Posting cash receipts and supplier payments onto the system
- Posting journals onto the system
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Posting of rebate credit notes onto customer accounts
- Assist with various procedures as part of the month end process
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register, along with other key balance sheet control accounts
- Uploading supplier invoices onto a supply chain finance portal
- Key input into month end and quarter end Sox controls
The Group has a strict structure of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, so the applicants need to be comfortable working to externally imposed deadlines.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced accounts team environment
- Good communication skills, both written and verbally
- Excel proficiency to an intermediate level (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, Sumifs)
- Keen attention to detail and the self-discipline to work to a precise level of accuracy
- A flexible approach to roles and duties, being prepared to take on varied tasks at short notice
- Able to work independently, but also collaborate in a team environment.
- Strong organisational skills
- Enthusiastic individual that is keen to learn, get involved and help to develop and improve processes
Benefits and other information:
- Competitive salary and annual leave entitlement
- Pension Contribution
- Structured career path and bespoke training, including AAT support if required
- Cycle to work scheme