Data Analysis Team Leader (Property & Assets) - #482200
Job Title: Data Analysis Team Leader (Property & Assets)
Contract Type: Permanent
About the role:
As the Team Leader you will have three primary functions:
You will line manage of a team of around 6 data analysts. Duties will include regular performance reviews, objective setting, assessing team performance and providing feedback to team members. You will liaise with senior stakeholders to gather and understand detailed requirements for organisational reporting and analytics, and you will plan, co-ordinate and supervise all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of those outputs. This will include ownership of a task triage and distribution process and ownership of the task management system.
You will have responsibiltyresponsibility for determining whether the analysis produced by the team meets the specified requirements. You will establish and maintain set requirements for developing reliable analysis and standardised reports, this will include testing assumptions and caveats behind figures produced, as well as the mechanics and formulaes within reports and analysis.
When required, you will be hands-on in the production of reports and analysis, to support the analysts in particularly busy periods or times of absence. You will have enough technical ability to advise as to best practice with report building and visualisation, and to spot errors or make suggestions for improvements. The team are responsible for maintaining reports and dashboards and you will have the technical experience and expertise to support in the production of these and ad-hoc analysis when required.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrable team leadership experience- Essential
- Demonstrable project management experience -Essential
- The ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, to non-technical audiences -Essential
- Quality assurance- Essential
- Sharp attention to detail- Essential
- An understanding of the technical elements of report building- Essential
- The ability to examine data critically to extract meaningful insights- Essential
- An understanding of reporting and business intelligence best practices- Essential
- An understanding of data visualisation- Essential
- The ability to reconcile reports and analysis with requirements -Essential
- Report building- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills -Essential
- Demonstrable strong data analysis skills (advanced excel skills required) -Essential
- Demonstrable strong data visualisation skills -Essential
- MS Power BI experience desirable -Desirable
- VBA / SQL -Desirable
- Production of KPIs, forecasting works and budgets and management information- Essential
- Experience using stock condition databases and stock performance modelling tools, repair & maintenance systems, e.g. Northgate, Apex, Promaster -Desirable
- Property maintenance planning and asset management in a Housing environment -Desirable
- Prior experience or ability and willingness to learn SQL and other data languages as required -Desirable
Hundreds of talented professionals with a range of specialist skills and experience based in our Bradford and London offices make up our Support Services. While we all do very different things, we work towards the same goal of improving the lives of the older people who live with us.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Anchor – a great place to work
Anchor is England’s largest not-for-profit providers of care and housing for older people. Our heartfelt ambition is to transform housing and care so everyone can have a home where they love living in later life.
We’re not-for-profit which means every penny we make or save is invested in the people who live with us, the places they live and the people who work here. That means a better standard of care and customer service, better wages, more investment in training and development and improved facilities.
A rewarding environment
From health and happiness to finance and your career, we’ll give you all the support you need.
Health & happiness
- Gym, fitness and wellbeing discounts
- Mental health support
- Flexible working options
- Pension plan – contribute between 4% and 8% and we’ll match it or better
- Quick and easy pension transfer service
- Savings and financial advice, loans, free life assurance
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, phones, technology and more
- Ongoing personal and professional development programme
- Leadership Pathways online learning resources
- Career progression and promotion opportunities
To see our full range of benefits, check out our dedicated rewards website
Celebrating diversity, celebrating you
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to celebrate diversity and inclusion in all that we do, as we know that the more diverse our colleagues are, the better care and support we can give to our residents and each other.
We are proud to have an LGBT+ group for our residents, and also Disability, LGBT+ and race and ethnicity colleague networks. These work to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We also have an Inclusive Ambassador network to allow all colleagues to be part of promoting diversity and to be an ally to others.
We are a member of Inclusive Employers, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a signatory to the Care Leaver Covenant and HouseProud Pledge schemes.