Wood Machinist - #560886
We are seeking a Carpentry & Joinery Technician/Wood Machinist to support the Carpentry & Joinery team to provide a comprehensive range of technical support to tutors that enables them to provide students with an outstanding learning experience. This will be through preparation of workshops, resources and materials and collaborative working. The Carpentry & Joinery Technician/Wood Machinist will support students in workshops to develop their vocational skills and will help them develop safe working practices and behaviours.
FTE: Full time
Contract Term: Permanent
Salary: £18,575 - £20,869
Location: Bradford College, Great Horton Road, BD7 1AY
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. You should be able to contribute to our journey to deliver an Outstanding student experience, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within your core values.
Highly motivated and with a positive and engaging personality, you will be able to build rapport with your students and support them to achieve in their studies and skills development. You should be able to create learning environments where students can be aware of safe working practices, whilst inspiring them to explore new techniques and sustainable methods. You will be able to utilise your exceptional communication skills to network and liaise with colleagues, internal and external to college, to ensure your students are provided with opportunities to broaden their learning experience.
Education & Training
- Wood Machining qualification (or willing to work towards this)
- GCSE 5 – 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in Maths (or willing to work towards this)
- GCSE 5 - 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in English (or willing to work towards this)
- Experienced in using fixed and transportable Wood Machinery
- Experience of machining timber to set dimensions within given timescales
- Experience of machine maintenance or equivalent related industrial experience.
- Experience of delivering a high quality technical support or equivalent related industrial experience.
- Excellent and up to date knowledge Health & Safety regulations
- A comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of a relevant subject area.
For the full job description and person specification, please .
For an informal discussion about the role, please email [email protected]
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. From undergraduate, postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pension scheme (Local Government or Teachers Pension Scheme)
- Development Opportunities (training days and Personal Development Plans)
- Money saving options with local organisations
- Employee Assistance Programme and a range of wellbeing activities
Bradford College is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from people of all backgrounds and with all different kinds of life experiences. We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.