Workplace Experience Controller - #560887
Salary: £22,491 to £28,114 dependent on experience + annual bonus + pension + 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. We also offer a fantastic benefits package, which includes Online GP Service, Life Insurance and many more!
Working Hours: 37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Location: As required by the business – rota based no permanent site
Purpose of Role:
To support the delivery of all operational facilities services to each property in a compliant and efficient manner and to the highest possible standards. Providing assurances and evidence that each building is fully compliant in respect of statutory and legal obligations, through systematic controlled monitoring. Maintaining a safe environment of the highest quality and being the main point of contact for all building related services. To act as a Fire Marshal and be the first aid point of contact.
- To carry out weekly and monthly building checks in line with target compliance tasks.
- To induct contractors to site, ensuring they are aware of Y.W. company procedures and site-specific hazards.
- To ensure that all sites comply with all statutory regulations, inspections, codes of practice, COSHH and relevant health and safety legislation and policies.
- To act as operational representative where necessary, as defined in the control of work procedure, acting as a second reviewer of Contractor RAMS documentation.
- To ensure that all work undertaken on behalf of workplace experience complies with statutory compliance and health and safety requirements, adhering to all Y.W. safeguard protocols and guidelines.
- Responsible for controlling accurate and comprehensive administrative records, including emergency information, health and safety logbooks and compliance confirmation sheets.
- To read, understand and comply with Y.W. management procedures relevant to the role.
- Liaising with contractor’s whilst on site, regarding the building maintenance and services, adopting overall responsibility for the co-ordination and management of maintenance and repair services.
- To ensure that all service delivery is provided within budgetary constraints. Ensuring that any non-conformance to the P.O. or plan is highlighted on a timely basis.
- To provide support and to act as the prime interface between building needs and services.
- To ensure maintenance of fire alarm, and firefighting equipment are in operational condition.
- Identify all locations of emergency lighting, riser, electrical distribution boards, stopcocks, and all isolation points, and understand what services they provide within each building.
- Act as Fire Marshal and 1st Aider for all emergencies and planned evacuation procedures whilst on site.
- To ensure that the property and equipment asset register are maintained.
- To provide written/verbal reports as required.
The skills we are looking for:
- 3 years facilities experience
- Basic awareness of M & E
- H & S knowledge (example IOSH managing safely)
- Understanding principles of risk assessments and method statements
- Full driving licence
- 1st Aider (fully trained and certificate in date)
- Fire Marshal – fully trained I all aspects of fire duties
- NEBOSH or similar qualification
- Member of role related professional body
What’s in it for you?
Career enhancement and development, colleague well-being and a genuinely positive work experience for everyone are our key priorities. We are continuously evolving and improving our ways of working and you will support us in achieving our vision.
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and you match the skills required, then please apply on-line and complete the application process and submitting your CV with a covering letter, outlining your key reasons for applying for the role.
Closing date – 7th December 2022
Interviews to be held week commencing 12th December 2022
If successful for the role, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks that will include a Basic Disclosure Check, carried out through a Third-Party Company, prior to commencing employment. Depending on the role, you may also be required to go through the security vetting process for either a Counter Terrorist Check or Security Check clearance.
All our roles are subject to a medical questionnaire, and further medicals when required.
Yorkshire Water values equality, diversity, and inclusion we believe that everyone should be treated with respect. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, religion or belief and trade union membership.
Yorkshire Water reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application