DevSecOps Technical Lead - #561278
Salary: £46,917 - £58,646 + 25 days hols + 8 bank holidays + employer pension contributions up to 10% of salary
Wider benefits include discretionary bonus, private health care, life assurance, enhanced maternity, and adoption packages (note: some are non-contractual).
Location: Bradford and hybrid work arrangement
At Yorkshire Water we believe technology holds the key to making the most of this precious resource, and taking care of it, now and in the future. We have a five-year plan that will see us investing heavily in our Technology. Enabling us as a department to focus on our capabilities, increase our delivery and responsiveness for our customers and develop skilled technical and data experts.
We are now looking for a Technical Security Lead to join us on this journey, and the key responsibilities for the role are as follows:
- A strong understanding of SAST and DAST tooling, including design, implementation, and run.
- Comprehension of key management systems, certificate management, encryption, penetration and vulnerability testing, and security monitoring tools.
- Ability to integrate security tools into existing CI/CD pipelines.
- Understand and implement common application security techniques and frameworks (e.g., NIST, OWASP)
- Assist the information security team in identifying, documenting, prioritising, and mitigating security threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Passionate about beautifully designed digital products and has experience creating complex but intuitive user interfaces in HTML5, CSS3 with SASS.
- Possess thorough knowledge of common development languages to help in enabling business driven strategies as well as leading the business in the ‘art of the possible’.
- Help in the migration to a secure, sustainable, simplified, rationalised, and consolidated technology landscape, enabling future technology deployments and associated organisational change to be delivered in a controlled, flexible, and agile way.
- Ability to work effectively with other technical specialist, i.e., product owners, back-end developers, UX designers, cloud infrastructure, automated testers, B. As etc.,
- Able to analyse designs and work collaboratively with the design team to convert visual concepts into high-quality web interfaces with fully functioning features.
- Provide technical consultation for other non-technical members of staff particularly designers to ensure that the build is feasible and supportable.
- Influence and support the development of roadmaps within their technology space/discipline.
- Drive best practice adoption of their technologies and related business services.
- Own elements of the technical design reference manual and/or engineering specifications ensuring consistency and best practice adoption.
- Contribute to the on-going development of the Y.W. technology strategy in alignment with the business direction.
- Support innovation and exploitation of the technologies in their area and support the skills development of others.
- Ensure business services are created to deliver best value, through innovation and identifying art of the possible.
- Support and influence future succession planning, enabling continuity of service and development.
- Maintain technical expertise within the defined technology area and keep abreast of future technologies and identify opportunities to exploit new and emerging technologies.
- Contribute and lead development standards in the defined technology area alongside other technical leads and development managers.
- Responsible for deploying, securing, maintaining, and supporting platforms and components within and associated with the Y.W. Azure tenant.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies with a view to incorporating these in future projects.
- Facilitate the Q.A. team to provide effective cross platform/browser/device testing for applications.
- Assist the route to live deployment process and facilitate user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Ensure code is managed with revision control systems such as GIT.
What skills are we looking for?
- Demonstrable commercial experience with our core technologies and an eye for detail.
- Experience working in DevSecOps.
- Demonstrable experience in improving speed and pace of development and deployment within their speciality.
- Track record building secure, interactive user interfaces.
- Experience with automation through task runners/bundlers (either of Webpack/Grunt/Gulp/NPM scripts).
- Familiar with GIT and version control systems.
- Effective communication skills to liaise with team members and business stakeholders to ensure that high quality builds meet design specifications.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Understanding use of data platforms within Azure.
- Troubleshooting skills and a strong understanding of root cause analysis methodologies.
- Excellent and demonstrable ‘end to end’ infrastructure technologies understanding in relation to the public cloud and associated capabilities.
- Fluency in reading logfiles and network traces to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Highlight opportunities to improve/evolve technology platforms to the benefit of the business and/or I.T. and contribute to the programme of continuous improvement.
- Engage with stakeholders in the business and I.T. including data science, software engineering, architecture, support teams and governance/security teams.
- Exposure to CMS such as Umbraco or Kentico.
Although you will have a permanent friendly office to inspire collaborative thinking, and there may be occasions when there is a business need to attend the office, we do offer flexible hybrid working arrangements. We appreciate that we all live busy lives and crave now more than ever a good work/life balance, so together we can discuss what this might look like for you as an individual.
Apply now to find out what a career in tech with Yorkshire Water could offer you!